FRIDAY – August 12th
- 4:00pm – 7:00pm: Packet Pick Up and On-site Registration at the Cheshire Fitness Club. We recommend that those not pre-registered do so today vs. Saturday morning. Please avoid the lines.
- 11:59 pm: On-line registration closes.
SATURDAY – August 13th
- 6:45am – 8:00am: Packet Pick Up and On-site Registration @ Cheshire Fitness Club
- 6:45am: START: Pump portion of “Pump & Run” – All pumpers should be on-site and ready to go no later than 7:00am
- 8:20am: Pre-race briefing near Finish Line (the parking lot of the medical building)
- 8:30am: START: Sourwood 5K
- 8:47:52am: 2016 Mens Champion expected (Approx: based on 2015 results)
- 8:50:05am: 2016 Womens Champion expected (Approx: based on 2015 results)
- 9:30am: Approximate start of Awards Ceremony
- 9:00am – 8:00pm: 39th Annual Sourwood Festival – downtown Black Mountain
SUNDAY – August 9th
- 9:00am – 5:00pm: 38th Annual Sourwood Festival – downtown Black Mountain
TRAFFIC SAFETY: Vehicle traffic on the course will be monitored by the Black Mountain Police Department. The roads are not, however, closed. Please use all appropriate caution. Unless instructed to do so – please STAY LEFT at all times while running.
DOGS & WHEELS: No dogs, in-line skates, roller skates, or bikes will be permitted on the course. While we strongly discourage the use baby joggers/strollers they may, in very limited quantity, start behind all runners and walkers.
HEADPHONES: For the safety of all, in accordance with RRCA (Road Runners Clubs of America) Guidelines, the use of headphones or similar devices is strongly discouraged.
PARKING: The primary parking area is in the field below the medical building. Please follow instructions of volunteer parking staff and signage. Please car pool – space is limited. Please do not park in lot above the Cheshire Fitness Club. It is reserved for Club members using the gym. Do not park on the road – Hwy 9 – this is the the START line.
RESTROOMS: The Cheshire Fitness Club has full service locker rooms and are the only restrooms available on-site. Please plan your pre-race relief accordingly.
AID STATIONS: There are three Aid Stations = Mile 1, approx. Mile 2.2., and the Finish. They will offer water and Gatorade only. No litter please.